Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Today I f'd up the Vette. Just the trunk actually. I had a trunk liner in the lid that has been a pain in the rear since day 1. So the wife found a really nice one in 3 pieces instead of the 1 piece I now have. So I decided to take it off. Only problem was, because it was such a ***** to get it to stay in, it has been hot glued, velcroed, crazy glued onto the trunk lid. So I pull it off, and got the majority of the glue off, but not all. Went and bought some 3M adhesive remover. Followed directions............guess what? Took off the PAINT! Anyhow, I got all the glue off and tomorrow I'll be taping off the trunk and covering the car and spray painting the trunk lid in an effort to repair the damage. Fortunately, there's no clear coat involved. Hope it looks decent when I'm done.

If not.......it's all my wife's fault. :burnout:

This is what I did today. Turned out pretty good. Phew!

000_3137.jpg

Detailed my moms Equinox for her for mothers day OMG it was horrible used 2 clay bars a full bottle of detail spray, SHR,FMP,and topped if off with BW. Used Super VRT on tires and outside trim, VRT on inside trim..

Now it looks good:D

post-2697-136818045881_thumb.jpg

post-2697-136818045883_thumb.jpg

post-2697-136818045884_thumb.jpg

post-2697-136818045885_thumb.jpg

post-2697-136818045885_thumb.jpg

Edited by bamaproshop

Went in to the office for the morning then to Grandma's to pick up the twins. I noticed tar on the rear quarter panels so the hose, buckets and Adam's goodies are in the garage waiting for me.

Guess where I'm going now? Out to the garage to find MY zen.

kuwaharazazen.jpg

I had an interesting phone call today from a person I wouldn't expect to call me. My painter called me and we were setting up a day to get my car finished. After we talked about that, we got into my detailing skills. It appears this guy wants to start up a detailing service and was recruiting me to head it up. He also is thinking of selling the products that are to be used on these cars. (You see where I'm going with this?) I will have to have a serious sit down with this guy and get everything figured out before I commit to him. If everything is cool and he meets my demands, I'll be detailing high end cars. And if this does go down, I think there just might be an Adam's dealer in SE Wisconsin. I'll keep you all posted.

Woke up...went to work for 4 hours (per doctors orders)....picked up some car parts (oil filter, thermostat gasket, thermostat housing gasket)...ate lunch a Subway (gotta eat fresh)...came home...been in bed all day.

I had an interesting phone call today from a person I wouldn't expect to call me. My painter called me and we were setting up a day to get my car finished. After we talked about that, we got into my detailing skills. It appears this guy wants to start up a detailing service and was recruiting me to head it up. He also is thinking of selling the products that are to be used on these cars. (You see where I'm going with this?) I will have to have a serious sit down with this guy and get everything figured out before I commit to him. If everything is cool and he meets my demands, I'll be detailing high end cars. And if this does go down, I think there just might be an Adam's dealer in SE Wisconsin. I'll keep you all posted.

This would be awesome. would he be decently close to us?

This would be awesome. would he be decently close to us?

Yes, his shop is about 10 minutes from me in South Milwaukee. If this all happens, I would be part owner which means you could get it from me direct.

There's a lot of things I need answered before this happens though.

Ray, did you get that e-mail about the dinner cruise on Mat 28th? I'm 90% sure I'm going.

Yes, his shop is about 10 minutes from me in South Milwaukee. If this all happens, I would be part owner which means you could get it from me direct.

There's a lot of things I need answered before this happens though.

Ray, did you get that e-mail about the dinner cruise on Mat 28th? I'm 90% sure I'm going.

I am not sure if I can make it. I usually help two of my buddies out at Beaver Dam Raceway on Saturday nights. However this year we are off to a slow start with some motor problems. If the bad luck continues we will not be at the track that night so I should be able to go. I am also waiting to see if my brother will be back in town that weekend as I imagine he would love to go as well. I will know in the next couple of days.

Edited by whiterp199

I drove to the office with the windows down, it was in the low 70s! Now it's in the mid 80s.....mmmmm nice! On an even better note, a coworker just bought a BLACK Dodge Avenger and he wants to keep it pristine. Of course I'm taking him my next to last Adam's DVD got to get him started on the right track. Unfortunately his vehicle came with the dealer installed swirl option but I may just offer to take them out N/C IF he gets some Adam's products to keep it up.

I'm suggesting this as a minimum:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-570-adams-basic-wash-wax-kit.aspx

I'm suggesting this as an even more practical solution:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-523-adams-ultimate-2-bucket-car-wash-kit.aspx

And of course I'll tell him about this:

611.jpg

:2thumbs:

So the other day I ordered some Metal Polish 1 & 2 and some Edgeless Utility Towels on behalf of the FH so we can (I can) polish the diamond plate and wheels for our Memorial Day Parade.. So FedEx came this morning, and I opened it up and took a look and said to myself, wow, what did I get myself into?

so I put the box down next to my end table in the parlor where it sat.. then about 40 minutes ago, the tones went off and I had to respond to a call.. I get back and I see Bandit on his pillow in the parlor with his ears down, head down, and shaking his tail nervously.. I immediately asked What did you do? and what do I find him laying on? 4 of the 5 Black MF towels.. 3 of which he chewed up.. they're not that bad, I will cut off the bad parts, and I have to wash them as they have been covered in hair and are slobbered on..

and to top it all off, I somehow injured my wrist last night while we were drilling, started feeling it when I got home so I iced it until I went to bed.. I 'splinted it' using a sock, two paint sticks (to stir a gallon of paint), packing tape, and a sock over it so I didn't make a lot of noise in bed.. woke up this morning, iced it more.. then I decided to throw on some IcyHot and now I think that irritated my skin so the HOT feels like fire, and when I touch that area, its like adding salt to an open wound..

gonna have to figure out how to polish with my left hand seeing that I am not that coordinated with it as I am a righty.. theres a lot of truck needing to be polished, lol

^^^BAD DOG^^^ paddle.gif

This morning I dropped my sister and bro-inlaw off at the airport and then I went to work.

I stayed at work until 9:30 am and decided to bail when the boss came in and reminded me that he had an IRS audit at 10. smiley_emoticons_panik.gif

I came home and worked in my home office and then I ook my Dad for a CT scan and some bloodwork.

After I got home, I spent most of my afternoon working on Product Submittals for my upcoming project (which isn't very fun)!!

I have decided I am making Fried Chicken, Baked Yams with butter and brown sugar, corn on the cob and salad for dinner. :D

After dinner I am going to chill on my back deck and drift off into my own lil world. SippinLemonaide.gif

I have decided I am making Fried Chicken' date=' Baked Yams with butter and brown sugar, corn on the cob and salad for dinner. :D

[/quote']

Mmmm, what time we should be there for dinner T?