Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

I plan on it,  I'm at work today so I did this during lunch. I plan on cleaning the whole truck tomorrow and using the tire/rubber cleaner on the rest of the trim. I would love to do the trim coating but I don't have a garage. Also going to try the brilliant glaze trick on windshield.

You brought TRC to work?! That's dedication!

And for the BG on the windshield...yes...do it! Yesterday!!!

We bought a new car on Saturday,  It was not cleaned at the dealership, and hit love bugs during the transfer from another dealer, so I knew I had to wash it as soon as we got home.  My original plan was to do a full decon wash, but as I was chasing daylight, I had to take a different approach.  

I prepared a bucket of Rinseless Wash, then pre-treated the bugs with diluted APC (1:1), and wiped them with a Edgeless towel soaked in the wash bucket.  I rinsed the treated areas with wash strength Rinseless in a pump-up sprayer.  

I cleaned the wheel wells with the same diluted APC, and the tires with TRC.  I cleaned the wheels with pre-mixed Wash & Wax in a foaming spray bottle.  

I began cleaning the body with the Red Wash Mitt, but after I cleaned the each section, I sprayed it with H2O G&G and spread it with a old blue Adam's towel, then wiped what water remained with a WW towel.  The hood of the car was in the sun for this wash, and I got some streaks that annoyed me, but I was out of sunshine for the day.  To celebrate the new car, after dinner we took a drive, and went to Freddy's for chocolate shakes!

So this morning was phase 2 - I did a quick Waterless Wash, then applied BG to remove the streaking and a few water spots that washing in the sun caused.  I also treated the inside of the windows with BG to make them look invisible!  Topped the BG with Americana, and treated the trim with VRT.  Now the car looked the way it should!  

At the dealership I noticed the B pillars looked slightly faded in the middle, but all the others looked like this too....very odd.  

Screenshot_0_zpsktcagvoo.jpg

Properly dressed:

Screenshot_24_Fotor_zpsb32zbxlk.jpg

The passenger front door had what looked like a scrape on it(area marked in red), but after a good cleaning, it disappeared (whew!) 

Screenshot_4_Fotor_zpsnlsjacrt.jpg

Love bugs!!!

Screenshot_1_Fotor_zpspzzg1hri.jpg

Screenshot_3_Fotor_zpscd2unvxz.jpg

Shine now on point!

Screenshot_22_Fotor_zpsstan1rvw.jpg

Screenshot_25_Fotor_zpsnisf3qgn.jpg

The pictures are not great, they are screen captures from video's I shot with my phone.

Enjoy that new car, Michael.  

Thanks Chris!

When we were in with the Finance lady, the "don't clean it" part came up, and she introduced me to a 'shine freak' that worked at the dealership.  He agreed, "Don't let them touch it!". 

Washed the bike this morning before the rain gets here. Still need to tire shine, metal polish 1 & 2, and I found a couple scratches on the rear fender I think I correct with Finishing polish. Sure could have used a wheel woolie for this project. It's going to take a couple days to finish but here are some pics before and after the wash.

20170531_071824_zpsf4ajektn.jpg

20170531_071835_zpssymikjzt.jpg

20170531_071846_zpsoqf1g2cv.jpg

20170531_071859_zpscygjr3vh.jpg

20170531_071904_zpsooaisyyb.jpg

After

20170531_081742_zpsmtvqrmt7.jpg

20170531_081754_zpsadw6k2dp.jpg

20170531_081814_zpsrgexwz8i.jpg

20170531_081831_zpsvx7g28mw.jpg

You can see the marks on the fender in this picture

20170531_081925_zpsvcmzgh80.jpg

Edited by Chadley

Chadley, woah dude that finish on the flames is so deep I think we can see all the way to hell.  Also, you detailed a BBQ, you win the forums.

LOL, Thanx, It's a one-of-a-kind custom Orange county chopper with a sidecar BBQ. The seat says "Best Butt in Town"

...and FYI...it's dude-et :D  

Edited by Chadley

Tried out the the new wool wash mit on the Camaro; and washed the Daily with the microfiber sponge. I think I'm going to get another microfiber sponge and use them both for bottom 1/4 of the DDs only. Used the ultra plush drying towel for the second time. I love that thing! I can pretty much dry two cars with it. On a somber note, I'm out of throwback shampoo. ☹️ No pictures because I had more projects to do before the sun went down.

Uh oh unlucky you missed the sale but then you're lucky that adams sells it by the gallon.

Tried out the the new wool wash mit on the Camaro; and washed the Daily with the microfiber sponge. I think I'm going to get another microfiber sponge and use them both for bottom 1/4 of the DDs only. Used the ultra plush drying towel for the second time. I love that thing! I can pretty much dry two cars with it. On a somber note, I'm out of throwback shampoo. ☹️ No pictures because I had more projects to do before the sun went down.

Did a quick wash on my wife's '07 white Audi Cabriolet.....from 10:30-00:30 last night.

I'm not a crack of dawn kind of person, so the night owl washes work best for me, regardless of how crazy my neighbors think I am. :willy:

First time using the Adam's Tire Shine. I just use VRT on my allroad as it's a bit more rugged-looking, but the tire shine looks great on the drop top. Mmmmmm that banana......smells great too.

It made me realize how in need of a correction her car needs even as a DD. The white doesn't show it unless you really catch the light, but despite claying the top surfaces and sealing, it just isn't as slick. I could really tell when buffing off the sealant; took too much work compared to my allroad which is close to perfect for a DD.

Out comes the Flex and glass sealant to attack hopefully next week. It's bugging me now.

Oh, almost forgot...what sparked the late-night detail.

My daughter's 1/2 gallon water bottle spilled behind the driver's seat. Ugggh.

We get in the car.... peeee-eeeeewwwww.

Me: What the???  :huh:

Wife: Oh, the water bottle spilled

Me: When was that?  :confused:

Wife: A couple of days ago.

Me: Why didn't you tell me????  :mad:  Take my car tomorrow. I'll handle it.

Wife: You always do.  :wub:

So I took the driver's and rear seat out plus seat belt and lower door trim to be able to pull the carpet back and dry everything out.

The rear floor mat weighed about 4 pounds and the carpet was just a puddle. Ugggghh!! I should've taken pictures.

But.....all is saved.

I just bought the Adam's Odor Neutralizer. What timing!

After soaking up all I could with towels, the Adam's ON did a wonderful job.

Of course with the driver's seat out, I took the opportunity to clean up all the driver's side carpet with Adam's CUC.

And then gave a thorough cleaning/conditioning to the driver's seat and rear lower bench seat with Adam's LIC+LC.

MUCH better....at least for a little while. My wife isn't quite as....umm.....picky and OCD about her car as I am about mine.

EDIT: It's been almost a week, and no smell. Thanks Adam's!

Edited by AudiOx