Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

May or may not have taken the time to polish up a trophy we give out at work.....

Clayed, Briliant Glaze, Patriot, and a top coat of Glaze, also used some VRT on all the plastic inside it. 

Yup its a real hardhat, no its not intended to be worn, yes I have thought about doing this to my clean one. 

This will get given out once a year to the person that our safety committee feels performed the best in the realm of wearing their PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) 

post-13016-0-13921000-1499384709_thumb.jpg

Edited by pirahnah3

I polished/corrected the headlights on my wife's 2007 Pacifica.  They were pretty bad and I bought the new headlight restoration kit and trim coating kit.  It went well, but I think there is discoloration on the inside of the lenses.  When I get time I will do a write up with before and after pictures. 

This was the first time of doing any "detail" work on my cars (since high school/college some 25 years ago).  I do have to say I love the smell of Adams products.  I read through the forums and the comments about how wonderful the products smell but didn't give it much thought.  Such wonderful scents, better than the chemically scents of the off the shelf products.   

Did you apply any type of coating on the headlight since you sanded and polished the headlights?

Just Paint Sealant. Is that good enough? Wet sanding was a foreign territory for me and I read something about applying a clear coat but that's something I don't have.

You'll need to get some kind of clear coat as soon as possible preferably one with a UV protection, or you can use the Adams Ceramic trim coating on them if you have that product?

Just Paint Sealant. Is that good enough? Wet sanding was a foreign territory for me and I read something about applying a clear coat but that's something I don't have.

You'll need to get some kind of clear coat as soon as possible preferably one with a UV protection, or you can use the Adams Ceramic trim coating on them if you have that product?

I used to but I gave it away after it didn't work so well on my 4Runner trim. I'll either get some clear coat or replace them. There's etching that I'm pretty sure is permanent.

Why the trim coating? Not a paint or wheel coating? I would get some spray clear if you wetsanded. Or at least a couple coats of paint sealant.

Edited by Nathan

I read here on the forum that the trim coating was ok to use on the headlights probably because they are plastic.

If you do get a spray clear coating it should offer some kind of UV protection, some clears will not hold up due to the impacts of daily driving and the abuse headlights get.

Why the trim coating? Not a paint or wheel coating? I would get some spray clear if you wetsanded. Or at least a couple coats of paint sealant.

Edited by ocdrifter

Washed and detailed my wife's Renegade.  Used my foam cannon......neighbors were probably wondering why I covered her car with shaving cream :lol:.  H2O Guard & Gloss.  Clayed the windows then sealed them.  VRT on the tires and body trim. Quick once over the dash and door panels with the new Interior Detailer.  Happy wife....happy life. :thumbsup:

post-16180-0-66770800-1499647148_thumb.jpg

post-16180-0-61509700-1499647164_thumb.jpg

post-16180-0-90705200-1499647197_thumb.jpg

post-16180-0-25503600-1499647211_thumb.jpg

post-16180-0-59144100-1499647318_thumb.jpg

Edited by ZMAN024

• 2 weeks later...

This was actually before a little road-trip on Tuesday but oh well.

AOooBqQ.jpg

40w3BXy.jpg

Tried to use up all my "old" APC on the engine compartment, then wiped everything down with the new Interior Detailer.  Exterior saw some Wash & Wax, chocolate mint Detail Spray, Invisible Undercarriage and Tire Shine.  The old girl shines up pretty good for being 5 years old and having over 90,000 miles.

Thursday washed the Ram 2500 Truck.  I had to take the tractor in for service (Friday) and how good my truck looked after its bath the night before.  The Ram was the cleanest vehicle in the parking lot.  My father did use Adams when he washed the tractor up before it went to have the service performed.   One of the shop guys asked me how do I get my truck so clean. Today (Saturday) washed the ML 350 and also washed my father's ML 350.   Feels good to finally have time to wash the vehicles.  When it cools off later may do mama's car. Also, will buff out a place on my bumper.  Some nice person tire rubbed up against my bumper Thursday in the parking lot and did not tell anyone or leave a note.  Security is reviewing Film.  

I agree rich, was going to wash my truck last night after the sun dropped behind the trees, but it was still 95 with 90%humidity here in maryland.

Clay/polish/seal/glaze/buttery is currently underway, for just my front bumper, headlights and grill. Been at it for almost 3 hrs. I am on my second break though.

(Not impressed with the clay mitt either. Or the microfiber cutting pad, the blue worked better)

Pics to follow

Edited by Nickfire20

Took a swing at my wifes car today. Did just the hood. The car hasn't been washed in over a year. There was So much dirt on it, that the rock chips and poop etchings weren't noticeable until after the first couple passes. Anyways clean with soap and water, then some APC. Rinsed. Kept wet and using DS used the clay mitt to clean up. Its pretty cool, how just after some DS and claying, the water beaded and slid off. Prior to that the water literally just sat on the paint and didn't move. Moving along...Adams microfiber pad and Blue compund, then Adams Blue pad and compound. Then Adams orange pad and Griots BOSS orange correcting creme(because it was free). Then applied Adams paint sealant, Brilliant Glaze, and lastly Buttery Wax

First 4 pics are the BEFORE

Pics 5&6 are the AFTER

post-15891-0-18854200-1501450597_thumb.jpg

post-15891-0-87056900-1501450606_thumb.jpg

post-15891-0-72266200-1501450619_thumb.jpg

post-15891-0-78260500-1501450630_thumb.jpg

post-15891-0-20848500-1501450639_thumb.jpg

post-15891-0-43151900-1501450648_thumb.jpg

Yikes! Looks great, good job.

Took a swing at my wifes car today. Did just the hood. The car hasn't been washed in over a year. There was So much dirt on it, that the rock chips and poop etchings weren't noticeable until after the first couple passes. Anyways clean with soap and water, then some APC. Rinsed. Kept wet and using DS used the clay mitt to clean up. Its pretty cool, how just after some DS and claying, the water beaded and slid off. Prior to that the water literally just sat on the paint and didn't move. Moving along...Adams microfiber pad and Blue compund, then Adams Blue pad and compound. Then Adams orange pad and Griots BOSS orange correcting creme(because it was free). Then applied Adams paint sealant, Brilliant Glaze, and lastly Buttery Wax

First 4 pics are the BEFORE

Pics 5&6 are the AFTER