Customer Service 866.965.0400

I'm up to 4 buckets now....

Beemer

Question

Things have officially gotten out of hand.  I'm up to 4 wash buckets now.

2 for standard 2-bucket wash.

1 for wheels and tires.

1 for Rinseless Wash solution (I rarely use it all so I screw the lid down and keep it for next time).

I obviously have a serious car washing problem.

21 answers to this question

Not in the dysfunctional sense.  Enabling is a term with a double meaning.  As a positive term, "enabling" references patterns of interaction which allow individuals to develop and grow (Wikipedia).  Like I said before, I see no problem with having dedicated buckets to improve washing procedures with the goal of preventing damage during washing.

Its the 5 P's of detailing.  Proper Procedures Prevent Paint Problems.

Now if you start talking to your buckets or have given them names, then you may actually have a problem. :jester:

why not use your traditional wash buckets for rinseless?? Am I missing something?

Because I rarely use the entire bucket of Rinseless and I only use each towel once I screw the lid on my rinseless bucket and use the leftovers later.  Four gallons of Rinseless can last at least 3 washes.

Here's a little something that will blow your mind.  Take the grit guard out of the Rinseless bucket, put 2 gallons of distilled and 2 oz of Rinseless in it, and soak about 10 MF towels.  You have enough solution and enough towels to do your car twice using the GDWM (Garry Dean Wash Method).

Don't introduce old dirt to new dirt doing the Rinseless method.  And take that additional Grit Guard and put it in the "rinse" bucket for your 2BM, will make cleaning your wash media even safer by keeping the Grit even further down.

I am proud to hear about a dedicated Wheel/Tire bucket though, I do the same.

Because I rarely use the entire bucket of Rinseless and I only use each towel once I screw the lid on my rinseless bucket and use the leftovers later.  Four gallons of Rinseless can last at least 3 washes.

That makes sense.  

I only have 3 buckets but if one can use the GDWM you really don't need an expensive wash bucket in the first place.  Just go to Wal Mart/Lowe's and buy one since you don't need to have a grit guard. 

I own 2, and honestly only need 1 at this point. The GDWM can be utilized for both a rinseless wash or a traditional wash with multiple microfiber towels and is safer than a 2-bucket wash because no old dirt can make it back onto the car. No need to save and reuse the rinseless solution for me, as I only use the necessary amount for the specific wash, so none is wasted. 

I currently have three. Two are the good ones with grit guards, lids, etc, and the other is a simple black one for wheel tools. Like Lax stated above, I have been thinking about switching to one bucket only for washes. Between the GDWM and having a foam gun to reintroduce soap into the wash media, I really don't have a need for the second bucket anymore.

I also have a Griots foam gun coming in soon, and going to try the GDWM "Perfect Wash" technique with a few soapy MF towels and a gallon or two of water and see how it works.  I might end up going back to 2 bucket (GDWM bucket and wheel/tire bucket) fairly soon lol!.

I just realized I have 4 buckets as well!  Two Adams buckets for the traditional 2 bucket wash, another Adams bucket solely for Rinseless Wash which I keep stuffed with 12 Edgeless Blue Towels and a bottle of Rineseless and I store it separately, and a former small mop bucket which I now use just for wheels/tires!

Definitely someting I want to add to my "bucket" list. LOL

I currently have 3 buckets but looking to replace my smaller Chemical Guys buckets soon. I'll probably be grabbing 4 new buckets in the next few months.