Customer Service 866.965.0400

Green Wheel Cleaner

ccommodari

Question

Well. I don't know if it is just me or the advertisement for green wheel cleaner is no more. I love the product personally and the deep wheel cleaner but the green wheel cleaner is the product that I use mainly for the face of wheel and deep wheel cleaner for the backs of the wheels. Will the green wheel cleaner be going away soon and than will you only carry deep wheel cleaner or will it remain in the line? Because 16 oz green wheel cleaner is not on the website anymore.

Hopefully Dylan or Adam will chime in on this. I really hope it isn't going to be discontinued

I like Green Wheel Cleaner but after I went through my first gallon decided to start using another brand's APC for wheel cleaning instead... diluted to a proper wheel cleaning dilution. No reason for a product like Green Wheel Cleaner when a diluted APC works the same. 

Edited by lax

All you really need is car shampoo if you put sealant on your wheels.

BINGO! While there are those out there that like GWC the fact of the matter is it became somewhat of a product without a use once DWC came onboard.

When you are doing your weekly washes and the grime isn't awful Car Wash Shampoo makes a perfect, pH neutral option. Even diluted Rinseless is a great option.

If you find yourself confronted with a lot of grime and brake dust then it would be time to go with DWC to 'reset' your wheels. 

APC will always be choice for tires. Nothing else is going to have the cleaning power to break up the type of contamination your rubber holds onto. I will be posting a writeup here soon also on the aspects of tire cleaning specifically and how active wheel cleaners like DWC impact that.

While on the subject of GWC, can it be used on tires?

Sure, not terribly effective at cleaning them, but it can be used on them. The question is more SHOULD it be used on them - and the answer is no since its just a waste of product not suited to that job.

Thank you Dylan for chiming in.  In terms of simplifying the product line, since DWC arrived, the only "maintenance cleaner" you need for wheels is a bucket of sudsy Car Shampoo and some brushes, or if doing a Rinseless wash a bucket of Rinseless solution.

I've never needed GWC and if discontinuing it means more opportunity for better products/tools and options in the future I am perfectly fine for it.  You already market Quick Sealant as great for wheel protection and I think the customer base will find out that GWC isn't needed if your wheels are sealed.

I'm still sitting on 3gals of GWC. Just looking for ways to use it up.

Use it in a Venus sprayer and you'll use a ton of it lol.  I'm with you bro, I have a bunch of stuff I'm trying to use up and definitely keeping track of the products I don't go through as quickly so I don't end up sitting on inventory on my shelves for a while (like to keep fresh products rotated)

I have never felt the need to purchase Green Wheel Cleaner. It seemed redundant. I have found that coating my painted/cleared wheels with Liquid Paint Sealant results in most of the brake dust accumulation coming off with hard direct spray from the hose. What doesn't come off then effortlessly wipes off with Adam's car wash soap. My Mustang is also equipped with Hawk performance brake pads that dust noticeably more than stock/replacement pads and has, at times, gone close to a month between washes.

If some of you are not coating your wheels you really need to start. It makes a night/day difference when cleaning them.

B)  

Like it? Here is a cost effective way to stock up! $20 for a gallon and 36oz sprayer:

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/specials/sub-category-2/adam-s-green-wheel-bundle.html

As for the future, there may not be a GWC on the site come 2015..... But we always like to offer a fresh solution!

I have to disagree... (sorry Dylan)

The GWC is the perfect "middleman" when something is needed between DWC and Wash Shampoo. Depending on the brake pad material the manufacturer uses GWC can work wonders.

Metallic brake pad compounds - DWC  

Organic brake pad compounds - GWC

I'm stocking up until a replacement is launched...

IMHO

BINGO! While there are those out there that like GWC the fact of the matter is it became somewhat of a product without a use once DWC came onboard.

When you are doing your weekly washes and the grime isn't awful Car Wash Shampoo makes a perfect, pH neutral option. Even diluted Rinseless is a great option.

If you find yourself confronted with a lot of grime and brake dust then it would be time to go with DWC to 'reset' your wheels. 

I have to disagree... (sorry Dylan)

The GWC is the perfect "middleman" when something is needed between DWC and Wash Shampoo. Depending on the brake pad material the manufacturer uses GWC can work wonders.

Metallic brake pad compounds - DWC  

Organic brake pad compounds - GWC

I'm stocking up until a replacement is launched...

IMHO

I'm with Dylan on this one.  I've been trying to just use the rest of my stock up, because the wash shampoo does a fine job in cleaning (and maintaining protection) with my sealed wheels.  IMHO, GWC isn't really strong enough to do much medium to heavy cleaning.

Edited by goheels

Love or hate the decision guys... the simple fact is GWC often times sits on our shelves for way too long - even at the blowout pricing we're having a hard time moving it all. From a business standpoint we listen to what our customers say, but we also play close attention to what they do and when they don't buy something its a signal to us that they're not using it. That was our biggest indication - GWC was regularly one of our slowest selling products ever since the introduction of DWC.

For those looking for alternatives heres a few ideas:

• Add 1oz of APC to a mixture of sprayable car wash to make a slightly more aggressive cleaner.
  • Dilute DWC down to suit your needs - full strength works great, but cutting with water can give you a more mild cleaner.
  • Lastly - buy heavy on the GWC closeout gallons. Its one of the products that 'stores' the best for long periods without going bad.

Will be purchasing one more gallon at the blowout cost. Use until gone then use the alternative ways to mix up a mild cleaner for the wheels. Completely understand why this product is being done away with though, either you use deep wheel cleaner for extremely dirty to dirty wheels or use a light cleaner such as a small amount of shampoo added to a 16/36 oz bottle.

Edited by SJC96GT

I like the Green for a quick no touch wash during the COLD winter days. I just bought 3 gallons. And will likely buy some more in my next order.

But during the summer I wipe my wheels down almost daily... So I can get away with VERY diluted Rinseless.

Edited by PhilT3 2014 BMW M5

I havent sold any for a while. Since deep wheel cleaner has come out ALL of my customers love it. Some use it on every wash and have had no issues. Along side with the price reduction is has helped a ton!

Hey Dylan what ratio would be safe to do a dilution for deep wheel cleaner? 1:3? 1:5? 

Edited by Faze