Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O Guard & Gloss | FAQ's | Discussion

Team Adam's

Question

Adam's H2O Guard & Gloss | Water Activated Exterior Sealant

Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss delivers lasting protection and unmatched gloss in a unique water-activated formula that is fast and easy to apply. The incredibly effective blend of acrylic resins and water activated nano-polymers leaves your paint slick and protected without the extra effort and hassle of traditionally applied sealants or waxes. The optical grade polymers won't stain exterior trim, and even leave rubber and plastic looking darker and protected from the elements.

Application couldn't be more simple - apply by misting over a wet vehicle and spreading with a premium plush microfiber towel or go for the dry application, using a pre-moistened microfiber towel to apply protection and shine. Regardless of the method you choose you'll agree that Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss is the easist, fastest, and most effective way to seal your paint that you've ever used.

Once you experience Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss you'll never want to go back to applying protection any other way.

FAQ's

Q: How does this compare to Detail Spray for drying?

A: DS does not offer tons of protection, and its simply spray and wipe while drying. HGG requires you to spread it over the area then buff off the excess, but it does provide months of protection.

Q: Is this a replacement for Liquid Paint Sealant?

A: No. This can be used as a booster for LPS or you can use it as your only protection.

Q: Do you have to use the wet towel?
A: Yes. The water activated nature of the product requires water for application, without it the product will not work properly so apply to a wet vehicle or use a damp towel.

Q: How long does it last?

A: Its impossible to give a one size fits all answer for every individual since circumstances will cause products to wear differently, but about 2 months would be average longevity per application.

Q: Can I use this every wash?
A: You can if you prefer, though it may not need to be applied that often. Use your best judgement.

Q: Can this be used on a vinyl wrap?
A: Yes. Gloss wraps can be treated with HGG. Matte wraps can be as well, but the application can be a little more difficult to get right.

Q: Can I use this over my existing wax?
A: Yes. HGG will layer over wax, but you may see slightly less longevity.

Q: Can I top HGG with a wax afterwards?
A: Absolutely. It behaves like a traditional sealant once its applied.

You cats got me wanting to order a bottle to try it.  We bout a Phantom Black Mettalic Sonata, 2014.  Got to try this stuff out.   :ph34r:

How do you like it? I got the '14 Pearl White Limited Turbo. Thing is awesome! really like the contrast of the white with the tinted windows and pano roof. The only thing I didnt like was all the chrome. I debadged the back minus the "H" and replaced the front grill with a matte black one. I want to paint/plastidip/vinyl the side chrome pieces, and change the door handle to black. I have a replacement badge of wings they use in Korea that I will have made black to replace the "H" on the back.

I realized I just shared a whole lot, and you may not care, but I dont get to talk to may people that have a Sonata, as those have never been "car guy cars".

You cats got me wanting to order a bottle to try it.  We bout a Phantom Black Mettalic Sonata, 2014.  Got to try this stuff out.   :ph34r:

Hey brother, this stuff is puddin' simple, and works great!

How do you like it? I got the '14 Pearl White Limited Turbo. Thing is awesome! really like the contrast of the white with the tinted windows and pano roof. The only thing I didnt like was all the chrome. I debadged the back minus the "H" and replaced the front grill with a matte black one. I want to paint/plastidip/vinyl the side chrome pieces, and change the door handle to black. I have a replacement badge of wings they use in Korea that I will have made black to replace the "H" on the back.

I realized I just shared a whole lot, and you may not care, but I dont get to talk to may people that have a Sonata, as those have never been "car guy cars".

Love that car,, It is our 2nd one,,, Had a 2011 Grey one,,,  this one is the 2.0T,, everything but the pano roof.  Took Sonata off the Back but left the 2.0T on the rear,,  We got hit in the front last week.  The wrap around front clip was only 390.00.  But the little chrome frill is 895.00 and the chrome strip on the hodd is 250.00.  Bout had a heart attack.  Glad it is insured.    We have the smaller sunroof.  Wished I had white,,, but oh no the wife had to have black.   Really nice, but hard to KEEP clean.  But it shines so good,,

That is why I have to try this new H2O Gaurd.   Wash it down with the foam cannon,  the rinse and hit with the G100 Classified H2O.

Got her polished up, Liquid Sealant, Butt Wax..  Always has the wet look.   This H2O can only make her look even better   :banana:  :bow:  

So I tried using the blue microfiber applicator this week on the SS and it worked great! Easy to handle and stays wet. good alternative if towels are used up.

Had a car show this morning and we got rained on. Car beaded like crazy. Neighbors were giving me wierd looks when I fgot home and started hoseing down the car in the rain then pulled it in the garage for a blow dry. :blink:

This is one of the things I picked up at Grabiak yesterday. Can't wait to try it.

at the end of the day its gonna make you want a 55 gallon tank

great stuff , i wish i was at home so i can just detail my car

Love it on my Phantom Black 2015 Sonata Sport 2.0T Ultimate

So I finally cleaned my Camaro last night. Then applied the H20 GG. All I can say is WOW. The gloss really pops. I couldn't believe it.

I finished at near dusk so outside photos were not good. I pulled it into the garage and attached are the photos I took. I used SS towels to apply to the paint and wheels and buffed out with SS towel.

I'm used to using a dryer to blow out all the spots that hold water and this states not to dry off. So there was acess water coming out after I applied the product. Would it be recommneded to just blow out only the tight spots and then apply the product?

I also found that spraying I had to watch as I worked top to bottom and when I got to the front or rear fenders some overspray would get onto the top of the hood or trunk lid again. I would see it in the race stripes.

Pleased with the product so far easy wipe on wipe off.

post-8373-0-19459600-1430412657_thumb.jpg

post-8373-0-53761400-1430412665_thumb.jpg

Lookin' good!

For excess water you kind of have to go with a program that works best for you. I personally apply while wet, then blow dry and DS/towel anything that comes out.

You could make a case for doing it in the other direction, blow first then apply HGG... no right or wrong, just what works best for you.

If you isolate sprays to the center of a panel and spread outward from there it should limit overspray, or just spray onto the towel instead. Either way, again, whatever works best for your personal process.

Just a thought...

When washing with the rinseless wash, what would happen if I simply added some HGG to the rinseless wash? Could I theoretically wash and seal the vehicle at the same time?? Or would they actually end up working against each other?

Finally got to try this out. I had mixed feelings about it when I first started applying it, but then I got to thinking about how much less effort it needed compared to applying say LPS. No worry about getting it on trim, or having to deal with missing some product in panel gaps. And dealing with tight spaces is a non-issue too.

Also surprised at how little was needed to do the car. As others have said, after the towel has been primed it doesn't take much to keep it going.

Just a thought...

When washing with the rinseless wash, what would happen if I simply added some HGG to the rinseless wash? Could I theoretically wash and seal the vehicle at the same time?? Or would they actually end up working against each other?

We discussed this in the testing thread.  Its not a viable option as the product would get diluted further by dumping into the bucket. If you want to wash and seal in the same rinseless bucket there is a dedicated non-Adams product for that

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Just purchased a bottle of HGG out of curiosity. Not quite sure where it would fit into my detailing routine. 

I usually apply the machine sealant every spring after my paint correction then layer a glaze and Americana over the top. I was thinking HGG would be a nice maintenance sealant, but from the FAQ it looks like it takes away from the longevity of the Americana. Seems like a catch 22. 

Since I usually do a paint correction once a year & seal. Maybe this isn't the product for me?

You have that a little backwards - HGG will not last as long as a result of the Americana being there.

Certainly we want everyone to try our products, but theres also a point where you stop trying to shove every product into a process thats already multiple steps and has 1 product in each of the categories. It might be worth considering replacing something with HGG in your regimen if you want to use it.

The sweet spot for HGG is either as a stand alone sealant or as a booster to LPS... the addition of glazes and waxes in the process as well are certainly great, but since you have LPS in there already it becomes less relevant to include HGG since you already have a sealant.