Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana wax=love

OmniCamaro

Question

I have really no idea why I waited years to try the Americana wax. I can't believe the results.

The difference between it and buttery wax is indescribable, really. My new favorite Adams product, Americana. In my own words it's like putting a layer of vegetable oil on my car, lol. Love it, thanks Adams!

Also, the tub is much bigger than it looks online which is a bonus and it doesn't take much to get a good layer on the paint.

Thanks for the kind words Allen, and we're glad you love it!

The key with Americana and Patriot is thin, even application. You should be able to do 20+ vehicles with one tub of the new Americana, so when you look at it from that perspective, it's probably more affordable than Buttery Wax too :)

Just came in to update this as I used the new Americana for the first time this weekend -

WOW is all I have to say, as far as ease of application and removal.  It applies so smoothly.  I may be used to applying sealants but I even think something like Paint Sealant is an easy on and easy off product by hand.

But the new Americana blows it out of the water.  And my garage temps were not ideal (about 50 in the garage).  I applied the whole coat to my wifes JSW super fast, it just applies like butter (and I keep the Americana in the fridge as well) - had a beer and stogie break and came back 45 mins later and removed it like nothing with a Double Soft.

I beta tested an earlier version last year of the reformulated product and that also was an improvement, but the improvements made since last year really hit it out of the park.  Its also SUPER slick - it applies and removes so easily this is definitely the go to product for my rides when I am short on time and really just want to "throw a coat" on it for some extra protection.

Adam and team, you guys really hit this out of the ball park - Outstanding.  Its been many years since I've used a traditional wax but V2 Americana now has me using it happily once again.  :)

The old version is still really good Chris. Based on the feedback I am seeing the main difference will be the time you let it haze. I think with the previous version you want to apply and let haze and buff off quickly. Whereas with the new version you can let it set up longer without difficult removal.

Should I even bother using my "new" can of the old Americana? Or should I not worry about it and use it, lol.

I still use mine, wonky lid and all.  Just work a few panels at time and you will be good.

Should I even bother using my "new" can of the old Americana? Or should I not worry about it and use it, lol.

I just recently got my new old version. That's what I based this thread off of. Guess we both will have to get some new new stuff at some point

I've seen around the forum that people advise against leaving the applicator in the tub.  Can any one expand on why this may be the case?  Is there a fear of the applicator getting clogged with product?

Also, I recently received the new formula, is storing it in the fridge still necessary?

I need to try the Americana.  Since it has the best longevity of the two premium waxes would this be the best choice over the paint sealant on my wife's daily driver?

Was thinking about trying Patriot on my garage queen but enjoy applying buttery on a regular basis :)

I also wondered if there is a problem with storing the applicator against the divider. It shipped that way so it must be fine. Correct me if I'm wrong

Edited by 07r/t

Good question on the divider - I know if you are storing in the fridge DO NOT put the applicator in the tin - even with divider - moisture from the fridge and such.

However, one of the team members could chime in on a room temperature setting whether keeping the applicator in the tin with the divider is ok .

Good question on the divider - I know if you are storing in the fridge DO NOT put the applicator in the tin - even with divider - moisture from the fridge and such.

However, one of the team members could chime in on a room temperature setting whether keeping the applicator in the tin with the divider is ok .

Curious on this as well. For now, I store things as they came in a dark, cool, place.

I'm contemplating on getting this. I've been using buttery and the LPS on all the cars and I've been pretty happy. I honestly can't how you can get a car better looking. As a matter of fact I was going to make a thread about it lol.

I just got that CL550 too and that metallic black would really shine and sparkle nice with the right combo after I polish it.

I'm contemplating on getting this. I've been using buttery and the LPS on all the cars and I've been pretty happy. I honestly can't how you can get a car better looking. As a matter of fact I was going to make a thread about it lol.

I just got that CL550 too and that metallic black would really shine and sparkle nice with the right combo after I polish it.

I used to use Buttery + LPS. No more.

My go-to from now on will be Americana + LPS. It's night and day, Emir. Seriously. Try it. You'll never go back!

Not sure this was ever answered... What is the "official" recommendation on leaving the applicator in the tin with the divider in a room tempurature environment? I just applied Americana for the very first time on the DD. Edited by jeverton