Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless Wash ?

Cork

Question

If your a waterless wash user, how much are product are you using?  I recently purchased a 32oz bottle of waterless wash.  I like the product a lot.  It cleaned well and left a nice slick finish.  I've used rinse less wash for many years (before Adams) and sometimes use diluted rinse less as waterless wash.  I prefer the waterless wash to the diluted rinse less however, I used a lot of product (at least 12 ounces) to clean a moderately dirty minivan.   I plan to continue using waterless but probably only for car shows and traveling as it seems rather cost prohibitive to use regularly.

Are you buying the Waterless Wash in the gallon?  This reduces the cost per ounce to about half of that when you buy it in the 16oz bottle.

If you bought a gallon during a 15% off sale, then the cost per ounce is $0.265, which makes your use of 12 ounces cost about $3.20.

While we're on the subject, what is the difference between diluted Rinseless (16:1) and RTU Waterless?

This has been discussed before with great debate, I'll just say I prefer the RW at 16/1. It's great on dust, great on windows,door jambs and light dirt inside the engine bay and saves cash.

I would characterize them this way:

Rinseless is designed to be used with a bucket and soaked towels to clean a lightly soiled car. It can also be used at a heavier dilution as a spray-on cleaner like Waterless. It works great for this. However, I think Waterless works better.

I keep 1/16 Rinseless available and use it mostly as a presoak for Rinseless washing with soaked towels.

I know it's confusing that the products are so similar. The best thing you can do is get them both and work out your own technique.

For those of you doing rinseless washes on a usual basis.  What do you do for cleaning the wheels as well?  Use the same solution and a towel?

Couple of spritz with the pre-soak and one or two of my throw away microfibers from Sams club in the same rinseless bucket.

For those of you doing rinseless washes on a usual basis.  What do you do for cleaning the wheels as well?  Use the same solution and a towel?

Im just like John I have wheel towels I'll use. If the wheels are trashed I'll break out wheel cleaner and a hose but it's only 1 time a month usually. Keeping sealant on the painted wheel helps shed dirt and dust.

For those of you doing rinseless washes on a usual basis. What do you do for cleaning the wheels as well? Use the same solution and a towel?

I always bring out the hose and brushes for wheels even if doing rinseless on the rest of the car.

I took a bottle of 16:1 Rinseless Wash, a bottle of Waterless Wash (not the current version) and 2 Waterless Wash Towels and did various cleaning tasks on opposite sides of the car. To me, the 2 products performed essentially the same. (yep. I know the Waterless Wash I have has less (no) shine enhancers than my Rinseless Wash.)

For the cost difference, 16:1 Rinseless Wash is my go-to. 

I took a bottle of 16:1 Rinseless Wash, a bottle of Waterless Wash (not the current version) and 2 Waterless Wash Towels and did various cleaning tasks on opposite sides of the car. To me, the 2 products performed essentially the same. (yep. I know the Waterless Wash I have has less (no) shine enhancers than my Rinseless Wash.)

For the cost difference, 16:1 Rinseless Wash is my go-to.

That is what I was looking for! I love Rinseless, but always wondered if I should try Waterless.

I use Waterless, and even just ordered two gallons more for winter. I'll see how it lasts. It's amazing how much I saved on my last wash now that I have the pressurized spray bottle. Quick rinse down on one of the sides of the car and then a quick wipe down. I'll do that twice a week. I apply detail spray every other Waterless Wash. 

I use Waterless, and even just ordered two gallons more for winter. I'll see how it lasts. It's amazing how much I saved on my last wash now that I have the pressurized spray bottle. Quick rinse down on one of the sides of the car and then a quick wipe down. I'll do that twice a week. I apply detail spray every other Waterless Wash.

You should have gone with 1 gallon of Waterless, and 1 gallon of Rinseless. When your Waterless runs out, mix up a gallon of 16:1 Rinseless in the empty gallon, and you back in business! That route is way cheaper!

You should have gone with 1 gallon of Waterless, and 1 gallon of Rinseless. When your Waterless runs out, mix up a gallon of 16:1 Rinseless in the empty gallon, and you back in business! That route is way cheaper!

Rinseless diluted 16:1 with distilled water makes for an excellent Waterless substitute. Personally, I see no particular difference in effectiveness between the two. The diluted Rinseless is less costly.

Thanks. I'm going to do that in the future. Honestly, I had two gallons of Rinseless in my cart, but then realized just how lazy I am and didn't want to go through the dilution process. Yes, I know how bad that sounds! haha. I am going to try Rinseless in the future, for sure.

This is a question regarding other's referencing "pre-soak" in this thread.

What is the composition on pre-soak? I have a fresh gallon of Waterless wash that I've used straight for cleaning my truck after a few days of driving. It's winter here so there's a mix of melted snow and dust on the paint that I want to clean. Pre-soak sounds like a good method to loosen up that combination of waterspotting and dirt/dust. Thanks.