Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

I spent some time with my truck today!  I do not remember the last time I put PS on it (but have been applying other products for short term protection).  Gave it a Rinseless wash, then got out the Rupes 15 MkII and laid on the PS.   Had to do the roof by hand due to the roof racks (Keep meaning to remove them and apply a coating so I can forget about that part for 2 years!).   

IMAG0473_zpsfpvlq6rr.jpg

Once that was wiped off I set about on a huge upgrade...replacing my sun faded Adam's sticker!

(old sticker on top)

IMAG0472_zpso14obnlb.jpg

Next wash I will take care of trim.

So what's up with the 2-tone on this?  Paint or Plastidip?  Been confused since I saw in on IG!

It is matte black vinyl with some matte green accents.  The tan is the factory paint color called Terrain.  This truck is owned by a guy from the FordRaptorForum that lives not too far from me, so I had him come over to get some help with the vinyl, and to convert him to Adam's

20160521_153557c.jpg

20160521_153631.jpg

20160521_153657c.jpg

Washed with the pressure washer and foam cannon, dried with the Master Blaster.

Waterless Wash wipe-down of the vinyl to get any remaining gunk, and to see what else was left behind.  The wipe showed some additional bug guts and vertical streaks from some type of trim dressing.

To get all that cleaned out, hand polished the vinyl with Revive and Blue Hex Grip, wiping the residue with Waterless Wash.

Then applied HGG using the Dry Application Method.

It is matte black vinyl with some matte green accents.  The tan is the factory paint color called Terrain.  This truck is owned by a guy from the FordRaptorForum that lives not too far from me, so I had him come over to get some help with the vinyl, and to convert him to Adam's

Interesting colors!  

Road Trip to Fort Worth, Texas for some contract required meetings this week and expecting a lot of rain so...

1) I washed the truck

2) H2O G&G Application

3) Detail Spray wipedown the next day

4) Re-applied Glass Sealant on the windshield

5) Undercarriage Spray on front and rear suspension components

6) VRT on door handles, bed caps, mirrors, antennae base, and fender well liners

7) Vacuumed and Interior Detail Spray wipedown on interior

She should be ready to go now  :).

post-13798-0-38249600-1464009425_thumb.jpg

post-13798-0-76730200-1464009426_thumb.jpg

iPhone may take okay daylight pictures but every evening shot turns out super grainy  <_<

Edited by James__

• 3 weeks later...

Did a thorough wash and a 1 step polish of another brand, I then applied brilliant glaze and next LPS for the first time. So far I really like brilliant glaze, very easy to use and gave the car even more pop after the polishing. I applied it first to see how long the LPS will hold the glaze in. 

27282816330_d556521155_b.jpg27487415371_b04f5781d8_b.jpg

This is with a carnuba wax that was put on after the 1 hour cure time for LPS

27487415311_8ef5109390_b.jpg

Will try to get some more pics today in direct sunlight!

Edited by wely324

These were taken on Saturday, the first one about 5:30AM just as the sun was starting to rise,, and the second one sometime before 12:00PM

Went to our 12th Annual GMCCorvetteset CorvetteFest show, I am show chairman, so car is not eligible to be involved in any judged segment.

There will be another post here with many pictures of that event, in the next few days.

post-12347-0-16144500-1465774268_thumb.jpg

post-12347-0-89460400-1465774302_thumb.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1447723181435.jpg

Hahaha!  Made you cringe! :jester:

I am proud to say that this member of the FordRaptorForum is placing his first order for some Adam's Polishes, and it's a $330 order.  Not a bad start for a truck that gets really muddy!

Hahaha My parents hated every time I'd go wheeling and park the truck on the lawn with the sprinkler going to wash all the mud off it. Although they really hated hated it if I left the drive way full of mud!! LOL

washed my wheels, and then applied LPS. I even tried some glaze on 1 of the wheels to see if their would be any difference. Not much visible but by touch the LPS felt slicker than the glaze...

27988464945_8d1ce5bdd5_b.jpg

The kitchen floor...

Seriously. It's a long story, but about a month ago our dog got sprayed by a skunk. Kind of surprising since we live in the San Fernando Valley. Well, in our confusion, the dogs and mine at 4:30 AM, I let him back in the house.

What a stinky mess. So two weeks ago I rented a big carpet cleaner and shampooed the carpets using Adam's Carpet & Upholstery shampoo. Mainly to get everything else out my wife had been sprayingeveryehere, like Noc-Out, etc. Carpets came out good with the shampooing, and in my haste I mopped the kitchen floor using a product "designed" for that purpose. Our kitchen is a linoleum in simulated tile pattern. It's not that old, and it's very nice. We specifically didn't want tile, but this fools most people, even when they are standing on it. It's kind of a tan color, with lots of 3d features, dimples, etc.

Well after cleaning it looked pretty good, but almost the next day I noticed the dimples seemed to be attracting dirt. It was bugging the heck out of me, so today I went after it. I started with APC and a stiff brush. That was cleaning it nicely, but realized I would be there a very long time doing it this way.

Break out the Cyclo and carpet brushes! Using that with APC I finished the floor on my hands and knees in about 1-1/2 hours.My wife took a picture, I'll add it here when she e-mails it to me.

My cleanliness "sickness" isn't just limited to my cars apparently. I also polish my stainless steel bathroom sink using Metal Polish, and completely dry it after use to prevent water spots. I try to not use that bathroom too often! :-)

Bruce

Going to a birthday party tomorrow so as always I washed up the family people mover!

Washed

Guard and Gloss

Americana

VRT

Total interior detailer

Glass cleaner

I'll post pics tomorrow when she comes back out of the garage.

post-1181-0-03670900-1467503935_thumb.jpeg

Edited by BrianT