Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray on wet car?

flyboy9994

Question

OK Great. Really appreciate all the replies.

I definitely plan on using H20 G & G on a monthly basis as a booster. I've never used a quick detailer in the past (always thought it was for show cars). I used Adams quick detailer the other day and I am in love with the stuff. Will be using it to dry my car from now on in between H2O applications. Awesome! Thanks again.

I have used it when drying in the past to help prevent water spots especially if I am just doing a quick wash and wax on a mostly clean truck. 

I dont bother if I am using H20 in the colder months when I cant detail as much. 

Same here,

If I am not using H2O I always use Detail spray before drying. As soon as I stop rinsing and doing a run off with the hose I spray the whole truck with Detail spray to stop water spots. It neutralizes the water to help prevent the spots plus it seems to help shed water off of the paint.

Edited by BluedogGMC

Always a lubricating agent when drying will help reduce likelihood of wash induced scratching. If you watch Larry Kosilla's videos he says in his detailing experience most marring introduced in paint is from poor drying technique with lack of lubrication on the surface.

Detail Spray, diluted Rinseless, or even Waterless Wash are all great drying agents because they are adding lubrication to the panel as you are drying.

A yay for me as well. I usually apply H20 Guard and Gloss every month and usually wash our cars once or twice a week. Whenever its not the beginning of the month I spray detail spray all over the car and as said above, it make drying 100 times easier. Not only does it make drying easier but it also prevent water spots and mainly it helps leave lest streaking while wiping the water off the car. Touching on a point ricky bobby said, lubrication is key so not only are you making drying easier but you are also SAFELY drying the car. Overall, this method is effective and is 110% guaranteed like the Adams Polishes Car Care line  :D  :2thumbs:

Like many others in here, if I'm drying a vehicle and I'm not applying H2O Guard & Gloss or using the Master Blaster on that particular wash, I will mist Detail Spray around the vehicle every time I dry. You don't even need to use a bunch of product, but the extra lubrication does aid in drying and add an extra step of safety at reducing the chance of drying-induced swirl marks :)

That is what H2OG&G is designed to do. Check out the videos!

I have only seen one video. I watched it a couple times and dont remember seeing anything about lubricity.  Just that it was a water activated protectant.

Probably kind of expensive to use an an every time product to keep from scratching your surface anyway.

H2O Guard & Gloss is slightly different than Detail Spray in that you're spreading it across the surface with a wet plush microfiber towel as it activates with the water. It will then haze up and you buff it dry with a dry microfiber towel.

It's not needed every wash and that would be wasting a more expensive product than Detail Spray. I will use H2O Guard & Gloss every 4 or 5 washes or 2-3 months, to keep outstanding shine and protection onto my daily driver :)

Dan is correct and yes you aren't adding lubricity when you dry with HGG, but you are applying a sealant. Your maintenance washes should be dried with Detail Spray or a lubricating agent.

If you want to "kick it up a notch" when applying HGG, after you apply it with your application towel, when you go back over it to get any remaining residues with your dry towel, spray a mist of DS on your towel and or the panel to get an awesome, streak free shine and an awesomely safe way to seal and shine in one step.

Dan is correct and yes you aren't adding lubricity when you dry with HGG, but you are applying a sealant. Your maintenance washes should be dried with Detail Spray or a lubricating agent.

If you want to "kick it up a notch" when applying HGG, after you apply it with your application towel, when you go back over it to get any remaining residues with your dry towel, spray a mist of DS on your towel and or the panel to get an awesome, streak free shine and an awesomely safe way to seal and shine in one step.

Awesome idea! I did this when I removed Buttery Wax and it worked really well. Definitely going to try this.