Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O Guard Stained Double Soft

teamcrossworks

Question

I've seen the video of Adam using grey towels when applying H20 Guard (which I love BTW) but I used the Double soft and now they are stained even after multiple washings.

Is this something I live with (can't really) or can they come clean?

TIA

18 answers to this question

In my opinion, boiling is usually a last resort method for older towels that are linting and on their last life.

Unfortunately with having color-dyed products to easily distinguish them, they can and will stain towels. I have slightly pink-tinted Single Soft and Double Softs from wiping Detail Spray residue when claying, slightly blue-tinted Double Softs from Rinseless Wash, gray Single Softs from H2O Guard (before we started offering the Borderless Gray Towels), etc, mainly because I didn't soak or wash them fast enough after use; however, after a proper wash they're still just as soft and work as intended.

Unfortunately with having color-dyed products to easily distinguish them, they can and will stain towels. I have slightly pink-tinted Single Soft and Double Softs from wiping Detail Spray residue when claying, slightly blue-tinted Double Softs from Rinseless Wash, gray Single Softs from H2O Guard (before we started offering the Borderless Gray Towels), etc, mainly because I didn't soak or wash them fast enough after use; however, after a proper wash they're still just as soft and work as intended.

I figured as much. I will be ordering the gray towels to use specifically with the H2O Guard so I sleep better at night...lol

I figured as much. I will be ordering the gray towels to use specifically with the H2O Guard so I sleep better at night...lol

That's what I did after (permanently) staining a couple of single soft towels.

Answer to two questions above from chops1sc /\

Boil on a low boil for five minutes constantly stirring with only a little Distilled White Vinegar added to the water.

I have dedicated Blue microfiber towels for Rinseless Wash and dedicated Grey microfiber towels for H2O Guard & Gloss.

As state above, a stain is purely cosmetic and won't diminish the effectiveness of the towel.

Yup color stained towels def mess with the CDO (Only if your OCD is that bad) I have plenty of white towels that are no longer pure white, most have either a pink or orange tinge to them (Those orange towels STILL BLEED!) they still perform just fine but it can mess with ya, and I just tend to keep those aside and know when or where to use them. 

Early on it was hard to get enough towels for a full load but now it is much easier to do separate loads of things.