Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Nice and sunny, but cool today, so we decided to take a ride to the Italian store, close to Pittsburgh.  Managed to get out of there only $80 lighter in the wallet.  But dinner tonight was sausage stromboli, pasta with basil/tomato sauce, fresh wood fired bread, and $13 worth of olives and artichokes.  As an Italian,  I have to say I enjoyed myself.  Can't move now, but I enjoyed myself.  😁

The trees are budding, so the wife I spent the day in the yard picking up the stuff that cam down during the winter. We have a couple of more cool nights and then we should be able to get the plants and flowers out of the garage and into their proper place.

I thought I was going to be spending the day on the wife's Terrain, I thought wrong.  I ended edging the sidewalks and using the new pressure washer and surface cleaner to make them look nice.  It had been two years since the sidewalks had been pressure washed and they sure did need it.   

The front sidewalks gets plenty of pine pitch on it and I found that Eco APC works well at getting it off.  

I've been informed that we are going to redo the island this year that you can see part of on the 3rd picture, it does need it so why not.

IMG_0913.JPG

IMG_0915.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG

15 hours ago, RayS said:

I thought I was going to be spending the day on the wife's Terrain, I thought wrong.  I ended edging the sidewalks and using the new pressure washer and surface cleaner to make them look nice.  It had been two years since the sidewalks had been pressure washed and they sure did need it.   

The front sidewalks gets plenty of pine pitch on it and I found that Eco APC works well at getting it off.  

I've been informed that we are going to redo the island this year that you can see part of on the 3rd picture, it does need it so why not.

IMG_0913.JPG

IMG_0915.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG

Nice work, Ray. Probably good Mary didn't ask for a recommendation on that first...I may have said the Trim and Lug nut Brush. It'd be like  Karate Kid! 🥵🤣😉🤪

Put the snowblower out of the garage and back into the shed till next winter today. Sure hoping I don't need it. Got the riding mower out, put in the battery, changed the oil and spark plug, and it's good to go now.  I have faith.  

Rinseless washed the SS in preparation for several days of rain. Ceramic Boost on paint, wheels and windows. Pulled the drivers WeatherTech mat, rinsed the salt off then cleaned with their stuff. I’ll be ordering the Adam’s version soon.3A2995A6-99CB-4EA9-94FA-C30B11A499C9.thumb.jpeg.d78cd376dfc3f00290a56a0590eacb21.jpeg

I completed a multi-day project which was a brand new 2021 Jeep Cherokee making it look like a new vehicle and then putting a coating on it.  The Jeep is owned by the same person who had me do their Roush Mustang last year.  I did get one picture that really shows the contrast between being in the sun and shade and I was able to try to Graphene Tire Dressing and I like the results.

The third picture gives a perspective of the stars being out during the day.  The picture is the hood that really shows the metal flake in the paint and a reflection of the trees.

The pollen is going crazy here and the owner is picking it up on Thursday, so I'll break out the Graphene Shampoo right before he arrives to make sure it is spotless.

IMG_0927.JPG

IMG_0929.JPG

IMG_0930.JPG

Friday I two bucket washed the SS using Adam’s Graphene Shampoo. The SS is parked until I go back to the office.  Yesterday I went to Menard’s and bought more LED lights for the garage, nearly 35,000 lumens total if the manufacturers claims can be believed.

8F03B807-6C8A-46CB-B13E-2F48448ABFA2.thumb.jpeg.e38e685579b38626e351f532f494662d.jpeg

My far better half said “wow, it’s too bright in here!”

The pressure washer fun continues, this last weekend was doing the driveway.  While it may not look great, it does not look bad for being 49 year old concrete.  The driveway was poured in 1972, so it is hard to complain about the condition overall.  Fortunately I had some help in doing the driveway, but I still managed to spend about 12 hours of the weekend on it and got sunburned.  

If you look at my truck you might see the edge of something lurking behind it.  We don't know if it is a project car or donor car yet, but something will happen with it.

IMG_0936.JPG

Edited by RayS

This was one wild and frustrating winter. I was rear ended in mid-December by a guy who was inattentive, and completely missed the turquoise coupe stopped at the light (read: me). I knew that it was going to be a battle when he attempted to offer me $1000 to repair the bumper. That was not going to fly, and then he told me that there was a "problem with [his] insurance," on that specific vehicle (late 1980's GMC panel truck). I figured that this was going to be an uninsured motorist claim, so I advised my own insurance company, and forwarded them the dash cam footage that has be stopped at the red light, and even the camera recorded the impact from the the truck. 

However, it turns out that the guy *does* have insurance, but they are debating whether to cover it as apparently the truck failed smog inspection, so it did not have a valid registration. Weeks turn into months, as the other insurance company continues to slow walk their 'investigation.' The estimate from the collision center was between $4100 and $5000 (using all OEM parts), and a few days after getting that done, the other driver calls me to once again offer me $1000. I then tell him that the $1000 would be insufficient, as the estimate dwarfs that. 

Fast forward to late-March, when my insurance company calls me to let me know that the person who was handling the file at the other driver's insurance (Infinity) "was no longer with the company," and apparently had done nothing. 😡 

Finally, on the last week of March, I was cleared to have the repairs completed as it was going to be filed as an uninsured motorist claim. The final total for repairs was $4490, plus an additional supplement of $900 for extra paint shop time. 

So finally, I have my car back, and even though it was detailed at the collision center, I needed to go over it again. And of course, I've ordered a ceramic coating kit since the paint is fresh. 😁

IMG_1462.thumb.jpeg.92525b1112f56e35cccabdec296ae1b4.jpegIMG_1461.thumb.jpeg.8898edaf170bb3147b788ffd57078eaa.jpegIMG_1464.thumb.jpeg.72f6e7f5e7f2865c50cd8a84aab734ba.jpegIMG_1460.thumb.jpeg.d4a24fd126b43f94a3c4b2416e05f063.jpeg

One thing that I was impressed with was that after 7 months since the last time I cleaned the engine bay, there was just a little bit of dust, which was taken care of with some DS and then I used VRT on the plastic bits, as well as the rubber gasket that runs around the engine compartment. 

IMG_1466.thumb.jpeg.e19ab8a12ec7d05d2f2005876851bc2e.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordered my 21 Silverado RST this spring and between the weather and vacation had not had time to do a full detail. I started with a strip wash, tire/rubber cleaner on the trim, clay mitt on the paint, finish polish and than Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating on the paint and trim. 

Truck sits outside 24/7, so will be interested in how long the coating lasts. Was happy on how easy it was to apply and remove. Will follow up with the Graphene soap and detail spray to maintain.

20210705_074633.jpg

20210705_074653.jpg

20210705_074708.jpg

20210705_074733.jpg

Edited by Black Bowtie

• 2 months later...