Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 7:53 AM, Bscott94 said:

I got the wash and HGG this beauty last night. A little ear candy for you too. @RayS, I know why you love red so much now

Watched the video and it sounded great. I also scanned down and saw ALL of the AP bottles in the grass. That was a lot of product used. But the car looks magnificent. Good job. 👍

5 hours ago, SgtLip said:

Watched the video and it sounded great. I also scanned down and saw ALL of the AP bottles in the grass. That was a lot of product used. But the car looks magnificent. Good job. 👍

I actually didn't use much on it. Wheel cleaner, tire and rubber cleaner, and eco APC on the wheels, tires, and wheel wells. Then mega foam and H2O Guard and Gloss. I showed up prepared for anything though lol

I cut out some overgrown bushes/landscaping and hauled it off to the farm.  My oldest son and I went to town to pick up a few things for school and some plants to replace the bushes.  Got home, watered the plants (it was too late to plant them) and found a hornets nest.  After 3 stings and a 1/4 can of wasp & hornet spray, I need to pick more spray tonight. 

12 hours ago, Rich said:

Got the Vette all shined up.  Will be heading out at dawn on Thursday.  2 1/2 hour drive.  Getting excited. But dang, that means that next weekend is Labor Day and summer is over. 

That means the START of car show season here!

My client/friend called recently and asked if I wanted to help him take the Old No. 2 1913 Race Car to the Classic Daytona 24 event in November.  I am IN!  

Edited by mc2hill

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Felt a little lonely on the forums last night, if only for a few minutes. 🥺😄

Screenshot_20191113-210317.thumb.png.be7d84f64eb6c936b44b893b92721209.png

Hi Chris, while you were feeling lonely, I was going through withdrawal by not being able to spend any time on the site for a few days.  I'm getting caught up after starting with the Monday threads.   My time has been dedicated to the Greek Gods mainly with Kubernetes and Prometheus, I'm sure the technologists on here will know what they are.  Five data centers, three continents and five counties and three different languages.  If I forget whether is it Color, Colour or Couleur, please forgive me.

• 4 months later...

I'll be washing groceries tomorrow!  Now that the "powers that be" are saying to scrub all your produce and vegetables, wash your cans and milk and soda containers, etc. I won't have as much time to spend on my cars!  And then there's the daily hunt for toilet paper!  My neighbor stopped me while I was raking today and told me he has 6 - 24 packs of toilet paper for him and his wife.  That's 144 rolls!  And I can't find ANY!   This crap is really getting too real.  But it could be a whole lot worse. Stay safe everyone. 

I hear ya @Rich  Growing up I worked on a farm up top of a hill and not I did not have to walk 3 miles to school and back and all up hill, but I do know what -20 and 3 feet of snow is like and the cows did not care, you still had to take care of them.   I good winter storm and a week without power was not unusual, but I can tell you that it sucked.

If anyone thinks we have it rough, if you don't pay attention and take some basic precautions it could get a whole lot worse. I have team members in France, Denmark, India, UK and the Czech Republic.  They are taking this serious to the point were you cannot go outside of your house unless it is for a clear reason and if you don't exercise social distancing you can be fined on the spot.  We are fortunate that we're all technologists and are set up to work from almost any location, unfortunately many of our clients are not and we're scrambling to help them get through this and I am very proud of the company in that we're not trying to take advantage of anyone and the focus is how can we help you.

If people use common sense, think about their neighbor, we'll all get through this.  Sure it will be a bit painful, but compassion and understanding goes a long way.   I'm off my soap box and we have 24 roles of paper, which should be plenty for the wife and I. 

3 hours ago, RayS said:

I hear ya @Rich  Growing up I worked on a farm up top of a hill and not I did not have to walk 3 miles to school and back and all up hill, but I do know what -20 and 3 feet of snow is like and the cows did not care, you still had to take care of them.   I good winter storm and a week without power was not unusual, but I can tell you that it sucked.

If anyone thinks we have it rough, if you don't pay attention and take some basic precautions it could get a whole lot worse. I have team members in France, Denmark, India, UK and the Czech Republic.  They are taking this serious to the point were you cannot go outside of your house unless it is for a clear reason and if you don't exercise social distancing you can be fined on the spot.  We are fortunate that we're all technologists and are set up to work from almost any location, unfortunately many of our clients are not and we're scrambling to help them get through this and I am very proud of the company in that we're not trying to take advantage of anyone and the focus is how can we help you.

If people use common sense, think about their neighbor, we'll all get through this.  Sure it will be a bit painful, but compassion and understanding goes a long way.   I'm off my soap box and we have 24 roles of paper, which should be plenty for the wife and I. 

Yep. PA is officially shut down at midnight tonight for everything except essential life sustaining services like pharmacies, grocery stores, etc.  Manufacturing,  shopping centers, nearly everything else has to close or face fines.  The governor even went so far as to close rest areas and welcome areas on the turnpike and major highways, but he's since opened them back up because, let's face it, people have to be able to "go".  But restaurants along the turnpike are closed  (no loss there), so people will have to pay and get off to eat, then get back on to travel again. 

I have to say though, that we did have to go to the grocer today, and everyone was cooperative and friendly, and just laughing about the long lines because there's not much else you can do.

49 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yep. PA is officially shut down at midnight tonight for everything except essential life sustaining services like pharmacies, grocery stores, etc.  Manufacturing,  shopping centers, nearly everything else has to close or face fines.  The governor even went so far as to close rest areas and welcome areas on the turnpike and major highways, but he's since opened them back up because, let's face it, people have to be able to "go".  But restaurants along the turnpike are closed  (no loss there), so people will have to pay and get off to eat, then get back on to travel again. 

I have to say though, that we did have to go to the grocer today, and everyone was cooperative and friendly, and just laughing about the long lines because there's not much else you can do.

Hi rich just be safe  hopefully this will all pass just became a grandpa to my first grandson a week ago and saw him briefly so can’t wait for this all to be over 

12 hours ago, buffalobob920 said:

Hi rich just be safe  hopefully this will all pass just became a grandpa to my first grandson a week ago and saw him briefly so can’t wait for this all to be over 

Fantastic Bob!!  Congratulations!  Nothing like grandchildren because you can send them back home. :lolsmack:

My kids and grandkids are in Maryland and I worry daily about them.  Fortunately, they're 12 and 10, not babies any more.  But still a worry since both their parents still have to work. They won't be coming home for Easter this year and that's fine.  Hopefully we'll all get past this and get to enjoy a worry free summer. 

And maybe even get to go to Carlisle in August!!  

15 minutes ago, Rich said:

Fantastic Bob!!  Congratulations!  Nothing like grandchildren because you can send them back home. :lolsmack:

My kids and grandkids are in Maryland and I worry daily about them.  Fortunately, they're 12 and 10, not babies any more.  But still a worry since both their parents still have to work. They won't be coming home for Easter this year and that's fine.  Hopefully we'll all get past this and get to enjoy a worry free summer. 

And maybe even get to go to Carlisle in August!!  

Yes definitely hopefully we will get to go to Carlisle this little addition to our growing family between me and my wife we have seven grandchildren I have three granddaughters and now my first grandson and my wife has two granddaughters and one grandson we do a lot of baby sitting but now we just face time we will get through this and get back to normalcy be safe see you soon 

12 hours ago, buffalobob920 said:

Yes definitely hopefully we will get to go to Carlisle this little addition to our growing family between me and my wife we have seven grandchildren I have three granddaughters and now my first grandson and my wife has two granddaughters and one grandson we do a lot of baby sitting but now we just face time we will get through this and get back to normalcy be safe see you soon 

Well, Carlisle announced today that they're moving their Spring Carlisle event and auction from the middle of April to the end of May, the weekend after the Import and Performance show.  Let's hope we're out of the woods by then, but I'm 99% sure this is going to be a long, long haul, , maybe even till fall.  Strange days indeed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Did some more hurricane prep today (we got our water, food, and spare gas last month).  I am working from home today, and when the wife and I went out for lunch, we saw there were still piles of sand at the local county park.  After lunch I loaded shovels and gloves in the truck and headed up for my 10 sandbags.  It was hot in that parking lot, but I am happy to have that chore out of the way. 

Last year I was planning to do the same thing just before a storm was predicted to hit, but the line to get into the park was over a mile long.